Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Is There Anything Besides A Complete Restaurant Remodel I Can Help You With?

, , , , | Right | June 21, 2019

(Recently, our restaurant did a complete renovation of the entire inside. It was demanded by corporate, and all of the chain’s locations are remodelling in similar or identical ways. Our location’s clientele is mostly families with young children and elderly people. Before, our restaurant was completely made up of booths, with only about 13 actual tables with chairs out of 41 seats. Now, the restaurant has only 12 booths out of 41 seats, so most of my conversations with guests go like this:)

Guest: “I just hate your renovation. I want a booth. Why can’t I have a booth?”

Me: “Unfortunately, as you can see, we have no booths available at the moment as they have all been sat already.”

Guest: “Well, what about those booths in the back corner?”

(The booths in our back corner are made for six people, and 99% of the time, it is a two-top table asking me to put them there.)

Me: “Unfortunately, we must reserve those for larger parties as they are the only place in the restaurant that can accommodate six.”

Guest: “Ugh, I just hate this renovation. Why don’t you just change it back?!”

Me: *internally* “Yeah, lady, because we really have $250,000 to just redo our entire restaurant just so your grumpy a** can have a booth.” *externally* “Haha, oh, I wish. Your server will see you in just a moment.” *cue internal screaming*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!