Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ironic That She Wants A RACE Car

| Right | July 1, 2013

(I work at a fast food establishment that gives out toys with their kids meals. This particular month, we have dolls, or toy cars. There are four dolls in the set; two are white, one is Asian, and one is black. On this day, we only have the black doll in stock.)

Customer: “Excuse me, I’d like a different doll, please.”

Me: “Sorry, those are the only dolls we have available right now.”

Customer: “Are you sure? I can see one right there.”

(The customer points to the toy display case.)

Me: “Those are for display only, sorry.”

Customer: “Open your f****** case, and get me another doll! I don’t want my daughter playing with some n***** doll!”

Me: “I’m sorry; we really don’t have any other doll. If you like, hang on to it, and come back next week when we get our new toys. You can switch it then.”

Customer: “Not good enough; I want a manager!”

(I go into the back, and explain to a black staffer—who happens to be built like a tank—what is happening. I ask him to go up front and pretend to be the manager.)

Coworker: “My employee explained the situation. What would you like me to do about it?”

Customer: *turns red and looks completely terrified* “I’d like to switch this for a car, please?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!