Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dressed In Honesty

, , , | Hopeless | September 11, 2016

(I work for a really well known higher end clothing retailer. I have a customer come up to me while I’m working at the cash wrap.)

Lady: “Hi, so, I have a bit of a funny problem.”

(The customer places in one of our bags on the counter obviously with something in it and holding receipt in her hand. As I reach out to take the receipt from her. She starts talking while I quickly try and figure out what the problem is.)

Lady: “So, I bought this dress a month and a half ago and wore it and loved it. I was just cleaning out some old receipts when I ran across this one. I realized I was never charged for the dress.”

(I stop and look at her, then quickly look for a double rung UPC. Nothing.)

Me: “Are you are sure this is the right receipt?”

Lady: “Yes and I want to pay for it. I said it was an unusual problem. Can you do that?”

Me: “Sure if you want me to.” *into my walkie* “Can I get a re-ticket at the cash wrap.”

(A coworker comes up and I explain the situation. His jaw drops.)

Coworker: “We work with this brand all the time so we can have a ticket made up really quickly.”

(He takes the dress off for a re-ticket.)

Me: “Thank you so much for being honest.”

Lady: “I felt really guilty about not paying, and I love the dress.”

(The coworker came back less than two minutes later and thanked her also for being so honest and told her the price, which was just over $20. The lady paid and was really cool about the whole thing. In fact, she seemed surprised that her honesty took us by surprise.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!