Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Intolerable Intolerance

, , , | Right | June 20, 2012

(I am working as a barista when two young men walk into the shop, holding hands and laughing. They order their coffee and sit down at one of the tables, but about fifteen minutes in a middle-aged man approaches the two of them.)

Customer: “Excuse me, but are you two together?”

Young Customers: *nodding in unison*

Customer: “Could you switch tables, then? You’re making my wife and me uncomfortable.”

Young Customer #1: “I don’t think we’re actually doing anything wrong, are we?”

Customer: “Well, we don’t want to look at it! We don’t believe in being—”

(Suddenly, the young man leans across the table to give his partner a fairly chaste peck on the lips.)

Young Customer #2: “Personally, I don’t believe in being a self-righteous prick, but I don’t ask you to leave.”

(The customer storms back to his table and grabs his wife by the wrist.)

Customer: *to his wife* “Come on, we’re leaving!”

(After the middle-aged couple left, everyone else in the coffee shop stared with wide eyes for a moment, shocked at what had just occurred. Slowly, though, some of the surrounding tables began clapping, until the entire coffee shop was filled with applause.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!