Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Internal Affairs

| Working | July 19, 2014

(I don’t get along with my boss and so I leave an (unpaid) internship. About two months later, I get a call.)

Ex-Boss: “YOU! You better give me my money back or I’ll go to the police!”

Me: “Wait, what? What are you talking about?”

Ex-Boss: “Don’t play innocent! You know what you did!”

Me: “On my mother’s life, on both my parents’ life, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!”

Ex-Boss: “You used my home phone to call Southeast Asia for hours! It’s going to cost me hundreds in phone bills!”

Me: “WHAT?! WHY on Earth would I call Southeast Asia? I know no one there!”

Ex-Boss: “Just to spite me, of course! You didn’t like it here!”

Me: “Doesn’t mea— Wait, wasn’t your cleaning lady on vacation at that time?”

Ex-Boss: “Yeah, so?”

Me: “And wasn’t she replaced by a woman from Southeast Asia, with a phone that could receive calls, but not make them?”

Ex-Boss: “Well, I know it’s you!”

(Eventually, it all died down. However, about two years later, she emailed me about a new (unpaid) position she had, saying that she remembered ‘how cordial our relationships were and how well we work together!’)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!