Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Inter-Screwed

, , | Working | November 30, 2010

(It’s early morning. I need to organise my notes, so I sit down in the Reception area. The suited guy next to me is looking very nervous.)

Suited Guy: “You’re a bit of a porker, eh?”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Suited Guy: “You’re really chubby. I mean, they told me they were considering someone else for the position as well. But if you’re all I’ve got to compete with, I’ve got it already!”

(I realise that his pre-interview technique is from some old self-help book about psyching out the competition.)

Suited Guy: “And I was so nervous too! Guess you don’t have much of a chance, huh?”

(I consult my notes.)

Me: “Mr. Becker?”

Suited Guy: “Yeah, that’s me! How’d you know that? You’re here for the job too, right?”

Me: “No, Mr. Becker. I’m Gary Robbins, a technical specialist from Human Resources. I’m here to conduct your interview.”


This story is part of the Bad Interviews roundup!  This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

15 Times Employees Were Pushed So Far They Had To Quit!

 

Read the next Bad Interviews roundup story!

Read the Bad Interviews roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!