Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Instead Of Thinking Of A Title, I Just Groaned For Twenty Minutes

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: Shas_Erra | February 9, 2022

Customer: “My Wi-Fi keeps dropping out.”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that. Let’s see if we can figure out what the cause is.”

Twenty minutes of troubleshooting later, the line is fault-free, the router is running correctly, setup and positioning are correct, and I’m drawing a blank on the cause. As a last-ditch, I boot up a mesh analysis tool.

Me: “I’m seeing some signs of interference. It looks like there’s a device broadcasting quite a strong five-GHz signal on the same frequency as your router. It’s coming and going, so it’s likely a mobile device. Have you bought any new wireless electronic devices lately?”

Customer: “No, but my neighbours have just had the vaccine.”

Me: “I don’t see what that has to do with anything.”

Customer: “Obviously, the 5G tracking chip in the shot is interfering with my Wi-Fi!”

That was where I had a self-defensive stroke, made some vague comment about changing frequencies, and hung up. I had to take a long break to recover from that one.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!