Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Instead Of FedEx You’re Fed Up

, , , , | Right | February 28, 2020

A customer comes into my store to ship a package via FedEx.

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, we don’t take FedEx, just UPS.”

Customer: “Yes, you do. You took a package from me just last week.”

Me: “There must be some confusion; we have not taken FedEx for nearly a decade. However, there is a FedEx store about five minutes away.”

Customer: “Yes, you did! I took it right to that counter and they scanned it and took it.”

Me: “No, they didn’t. The scanner for that machine is broken.”

Customer: “Yes, they did!”

Me: “Sir, I broke the scanner for that computer myself the week before Thanksgiving. It has been removed for over eight months.”

Customer: “Just scan it! It will work.”

Me: “I can’t just scan it. There is no scanner.”

Customer: “This is stupid. How long have you worked here, anyway?”

Me: “Seven years.”

Customer: “You clearly have no clue what you are doing. The vendor I ordered this from said I could bring it here.”

Me: “Your vendor is wrong, sir.”

Customer: “I’m just going to leave it on the counter. Someone who knows what they are doing will take care of this later.”

Me: “You’re welcome to do that, sir. But understand that I will be mailing you a letter informing you that if you do not come pick it back up, I will be throwing it away.”

The customer shuts up and considers his options.

Customer: “I’m calling your corporate office and telling them that you have no idea how to do your job!”

And he walked out with his package.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!