Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Incidentally Complaining

| Right | March 15, 2017

Me: “Thank you for calling [Hotel]; how can I help you?”

Guest: “Yes, I checked out this morning and you charged my card $20 for incidentals, and the charge hasn’t been reversed yet.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but it can take up to 72 hours for holds to be released.”

Guest: “No, I called American Express. They told me that it as soon as it’s released they credit me within two hours.”

Me: “Sir, I understand that but we don’t release the charge for up to 72 hours after you check out.”

Guest: “Look, you have my $20 and I want it back with interest. I called the police and told them that you’re stealing my money. If I don’t get it back I’m filing charges!”

Me: “Sir, there really is nothing I can do. The hold will be automatically released in approximately 72 hours. It’s hotel policy.”

Guest: “Well, this is ridiculous. What if it was $500 and I needed to pay rent and you had a hold on my account?”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but whether it’s $500 or $20, hotel policy is the same.”

Guest: “Well, you need to have that posted somewhere. No one told me! If I don’t have my money by tomorrow I’m filing charges!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!