Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Inaction Figures

, , , , , , | Right | December 12, 2012

(It is Black Friday. I’m shopping in the toy department of a store, taking a picture of an action figure that I plan on buying for a friend’s nephew. As I want to make sure the boy doesn’t have it already, I am sending the picture to my friend to check. I do not, nor have I ever worked there.)

Woman #1: *talking loudly* “It’s so busy here today! Sure would be nice if I could figure out where the Avengers figures are!”

Woman #2: “Tell me about it; I can’t find anything!”

(I write them off as overly loud and ignore them while I wait for my friend to text me back.)

Woman #1: “You know, where I work we’re not allowed to even look at our cellphones, let alone talk on one.”

Woman #2: “You’d get fired at my job for using my phone.”

Woman #1: “It’s amazing the things people think they can do on the job these days. It’s ridiculous!”

Woman #2: “I know! They think they can pretend like they’re home and get paid for it.”

(They carried on like this while I waited. Finally, I got a reply text from my friend, grabbed the toy, and walked off. About a minute later, I looked down and realized I was wearing a red fleece the same shade as the staff uniforms, and suddenly everything clicked. They were passive-aggressively trying to get my attention for the better part of five minutes. By the way, if they had turned around, they would have found what they were looking for!)


This story is part of our Black Friday roundup!

Read the next Black Friday roundup story!

Read the Black Friday roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!