Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In The Top One Percent

Learning | April 9, 2016

(In science class, the teacher is discussing properties of certain fluids. Despite being very advanced in the subject, something didn’t click with me and I’ve struggling to move past it.)

Me: “Sorry, can I just clarify something?”

Teacher: “[My Name]? Really? What part could you not understand?”

Me: “The part about fluids not being able to be compressed.”

Teacher: *sarcastically, as if I am an idiot and it is someway a pain to have to explained* “It is well-known that fluids cannot be compressed. That’s why heat and pressure are established.”

Me: “From a molecular level there must be some compression. Saying no compression just doesn’t make sense.”

Teacher: “Ah, okay.” *walks up to my desk and speaks quietly* “Compression can be achieved by up to 1%. But please don’t share that with the class; it would be too difficult to understand.”

(After that my teacher knew to not make sweeping statements around me, and we got on great. She quickly became my favourite teacher and science my favourite lesson.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!