Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In Retrospect, We Don’t Discount Retrospectively

, , , , | Right | April 5, 2020

(A customer comes in and approaches my coworker’s register.)

Customer: “I have this coupon.”

Coworker: “Oh, I’m sorry, ma’am, but that coupon’s expired and no longer in our system. I can offer you this other coupon, instead.”

Customer: “Fine, whatever. Oh, and my son came in and dropped off clothes the other day. He already picked them up but forgot to bring the coupon, can I use it for them now?”

Coworker: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but we are only able to accept coupons at drop-off, so I can only use it for your items today.”

Customer: “So, you don’t honor your coupons?!”

Coworker: “No, ma’am, as I explained, we do honor our coupons but we can only accept them at drop-off, as that’s when you pay. We can’t accept them at pickup or after you’ve already left the store with your clothes.”

Customer: “Whatever.”

(The customer paid for her current order and then stormed out in a huff. Two minutes later, she called the store to speak to a manager and once again argued that we should take her coupon for the order from two days ago that had already been picked up, and then hung up when my manager gave her the same answer my coworker did.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!