Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In Need Of A Sanity Check

| Right | May 29, 2013

(I work at a retail financial institution that cashes all types of payroll checks. The customer that walks up to my window is a regular that comes in once a month to cash her government check that has an image of the Statue of Liberty on it. We are almost finished with the transaction.)

Me: “Did you need anything else today, like money order or stamps?”

Customer: “No, but I had a question about my check.”

Me: “Ask away! I’ll do my best to answer!”

Customer: “That picture of the Statue of Liberty on the check, does that mean I get to fly to New York and see the Statue of Liberty for free?”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “Does that mean I get to fly to New York and see the Statue of Liberty for free?”

Me: “Uh, no. It does not let you fly to New York for free.”

(I hand the check to her to sign, as I start to get cash from her transaction.)

Customer: “You’re a liar! It does mean I get to go to New York and see the Statue for free! You’re just trying to keep the ticket for yourself!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but the picture on the check is just a symbol representing America. It is not a plane ticket.”

Customer: “LIAR! You’re a LIAR!”

(At this point, she snatches the check from the tray under the glass separating us, and runs off screaming about me being a liar.)

Coworker: “What was that?”

Me: “I seriously don’t know.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!