Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In Line And Out Of Line, Part 10

| Right | October 22, 2016

(I’m a cashier and there’s a line of about 20 people at the registers. I’m helping my current customer when I see a man out of the corner of my eye. He spots the line, scowls, and then walks to the front of the line and smirkingly steps in front of the woman who is at the front of the line.)

Woman: “HEY!”

Man: *as my current customer walks away* “I’m next!”

(As he starts to walk up to my register, I deliberately look past him and say:)

Me: “Ma’am, I can help you next!”

(He stops, a look of confusion on his face as the woman steps around him.)

Man: “But I was next! What about me?!”

Me: “Sir, I just watched you cut in line. If you want to be helped, you’ll go to the back of the line and be helped when it’s actually your turn.”

(I help the lady get rung up, but I have a feeling about this guy so I keep watching him out of the corner of my eye. As she goes on her way, the guy, who hasn’t budged, steps right up to my register and plunks his books down.)

Man: “I’m. Next. I have a movie that’s going to start in a few minutes.”

Me: “You and everybody else.”

Man: *shoves a $10 bill at me* “Ring me up right now, and you can have this.”

(I then take his books off the counter and set them aside.)

Me: “You’re welcome to dance this dance with me, sir, but before you say another word, consider that there are twenty more people that you just cut in front of. So before I take this ten from you, I suggest you offer ten dollars to every OTHER person you just cut in front of.”

Man: “There’s no way I’m putting out that much money!”

Me: “Then I’m not letting you cut.”

Next Customer In Line: “Hey, a**-hole. We all learned how to wait in line in kindergarten. What’s your excuse?”

(The man snatched up his $10 and stomped to the back of the line.)

Related:
In Line And Out Of Line, Part 9
In Line And Out Of Line, Part 8
In Line And Out Of Line, Part 7
In Line And Out Of Line, Part 6
In Line And Out Of Line, Part 5

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!