Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In Closed Quarters

| Right | July 8, 2014

(I work as a cashier at a chain of grocery stores. In our lanes, we have these little gates that you can bring down if the lane is closed. There is very little space between the gate and the belt, so customers can’t squeeze their way in. My manager comes over to tell me to go on break, and then puts the gate down as we’re rather busy at the moment and customers don’t often notice that the light is off above our register, showing we’re closed. I have one other customer still in line after we close the gate, so I hurry to finish with her.)

Me: “And have a nice day, ma’am.”

(I hear heavy breathing and look at the entrance to my lane after giving the customer her receipt. A man has squeezed himself through the space between the gate and the register!)

Customer: *still breathing heavily* “Woof, that was hard to get through!”

(I still don’t know how he got through, considering I weight about 150lbs and I can’t get through the gap without sucking in my stomach, and he had a good 50 or so pounds on me!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!