Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In All This We Feel Sorry For The Dog

, , , , | Right | September 7, 2020

I work at a long-term-stay hotel. As a part of our agreement, long-term stays can only have two guests, period, including children. This particular guest calls and has to shout into the phone over a lot of screaming kids.

Guest: “How much for a week? I need at least four beds.”

Me: “I am sorry, our largest rooms have just two beds in them; they are [price] a week, plus a damage deposit. And we do have a maximum occupancy for long-term stays of just two people, including children.”

Guest: “Well, I need four beds. Also, I only have 150 dollars. It would be me, my boyfriend, and my six kids. I have a dog, too; is it extra for the dog?”

She has less than half of what’s needed.

Me: “Well, the total is [price], we don’t allow pets, and unfortunately, we can’t accommodate you with a weekly rate due to an occupancy of over two people. We can give you a daily rate, at ninety dollars a night.”

Guest: “Well, I need four beds, at 150 for a week, and I want you to let me bring my dog.”

Me: “I am sorry, but I can’t do anything of those things.” 

Guest: “No. You will.”

Me: “No? No, I can’t and I won’t. You have too many occupants, not enough money, and a dog, which is not allowed in our hotel. I am sorry, ma’am, but you will have to find another hotel that could accommodate you.”

Guest: “You think you’re so smart. I am going to call your corporate office and tell them that you’re refusing to help me. You fat b****!”

She hung up the phone.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!