Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In A Very Angry Slate

| Right | April 3, 2014

(A customer is trying to return a flat cart loaded with at least $400 worth of slate tile. I work as an inventory manager at this particular store.)

Customer: “I need to return this tile.”

Returns Associate: “Do you have a receipt or at least the box this tile came in?”

(The customer had neither, so the return could not be processed. The argument went back and forth until finally the customer stormed out of the store. He left his cart of slate tile by the front door, then got into his vehicle and drove it in front of the store. I assumed he was going to load everything back into his vehicle. Instead he dumped the tile onto the ground and moved the cart inside. He got back in his truck and drove it over the pile of tile, back and forth three times, then sped away. All of the employees watched this with wide eyes. We grabbed a couple of trash cans and loaded up the broken pieces. I asked a manager if I could take any of the whole pieces of tile home and was told I could. I was able to completely tile my front porch with all of the whole tile! The customer could have easily sold his tile to any of the contractors or resale shops in the city but instead decided to ‘show us.’)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!