Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In A State Of Confusion, Part 3

| Working | August 13, 2015

(I have very recently moved to Oregon from California, and still had my California driver’s license. While I am at the grocery store I decide to pick up a 6 pack of beer to celebrate my arrival with my fiancée.)

Cashier: “ID, please?”

Me: *completely fine with being carded, due to having worked at a liquor store* “Sure. Here ya go.”

(The cashier proceeds to look at my California ID waaaay too long, even calling over another cashier to ask if my ID was fake. Finally she accepts it and enters my birthdate.)

Cashier: “I’d never seen any ID like this before… It’s so weird.”

Me: “It’s a California license. I wouldn’t expect you to get too many of them this far from the border.”

Cashier: “But it’s so odd looking…”

(She proceeds to use as many different synonyms for ‘weird’ as she can think of to describe my license for a good 30 seconds, stalling out the transaction.)

Me: *in all honesty* “You do realize there are 49 other states, all with different styles of driver’s license, right?”

Cashier: “…Oh, yeah…

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!