Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I’m Going To Get You Fired! Oh, Wait…

, , , | Right | June 14, 2020

I work at a fast food chain that specializes in fried chicken. We are ten minutes from closing one night and a man comes in to order a large amount of food. As the chicken and sides take time to prepare and we do not prepare too much in a day to help reduce loss, some items are unavailable after they get bought up by the end of the dinner rush. To make matters worse, we’ve seen one of our managers fired earlier in the day for incompetence, and are, thanks to her mistakes, running low on several items that we would normally have.

Me: “Welcome to [Restaurant]. What can I do for you today?”

Customer: “I’d like a twelve-piece bucket, large macaroni and cheese, and a large mashed potatoes and gravy.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we’re out of macaroni and cheese tonight.”

Customer: “I’ll have baked beans, then.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we’re out of baked beans, as well. We have every side but those two available.”

Customer: “Why the h*** don’t you have any? Can’t you make more?”

Me: “We’ve had trouble with our supply chain and don’t have any of either item in the freezer right now. I could offer you some biscuits.”

Customer: “I don’t want biscuits! Whose fault is it that you don’t have what I want?”

Me: “Our assistant manager’s, sir. She was in charge of ordering and was already fired today for her mistakes.”

Customer: “Oh, uh, all right.”

He shut up and bought his food.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!