Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I’ll Take The Banana Kids Smoothie, Hold The Steroids

, , | Right | August 20, 2021

I work at a smoothie store where we happen to have a small children’s menu of simple, popular combinations with all ingredients listed out.

Customer: “Hi there! I want a kid’s smoothie for him.”

She points to her six- or seven-year-old child.

Me: “Sure! We have these four options. Which would he like?”

Customer: *Looking at the board* “Oh, well, is there anything he can’t have in those?”

Me: “I’m sorry? What do you mean?”

Customer: “You know! Anything he can’t have. Bad stuff.”

Me: *A little confused but still pleasant* “Like what, ma’am? What isn’t he able to have?”

Customer: *Getting annoyed with me* “You know! Stuff bad for children? Things children shouldn’t have?”

Me: “Um…”

I’m trying to think of what she could mean and diffuse the situation.

Me: “I don’t think so, ma’am. The ingredients are exactly as listed on the board. There’s no added sugar, either.”

Customer: *Very done with me now and flippant* “No! You know. I want to make sure you’re not pumping it with protein or pre-workout or… or something else!”

Me: “Uh… No, ma’am. They’re children’s smoothies; it’s really just fruit as listed on the board. We have strawberry banana, strawberry kiwi—”

Customer: “I see the board! I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything he couldn’t have in it. Oh, whatever! Give us the strawberry kiwi.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!