Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ignoring The Stuffed Elephant In The Room

, , , | Working | April 7, 2016

(I have just finished shopping with my one-year-old daughter, who is sitting in a large stroller. On my way out of the store, the alarm goes off. An employee walks over to me.)

Employee: “Come with me.”

(He leads me inside.)

Employee: “Can I see your receipt?”

Me: *handing him the receipt and emptying my bags* “It’s probably a mistake. I paid for everything.”

Employee: *looking at my daughter* “Did you check your stroller?”

Me: “No, I don’t think I left anything in there.”

Employee: “Just look.”

(Thinking I may have left something in the stroller and forgot about it, I take a look. My daughter had piled up eight stuffed animals in the stroller with her and somehow I never noticed.)

Me: “Oh, my god, sorry about that. I’ll put them back.”

(I put the toys back and get ready to leave the store only to be stopped by the same employee, who is waiting by the door.)

Employee: “You can’t blame her. She’s only a baby.” *to my daughter* “Hello, I got you a gift.”

(He had bought a huge stuffed elephant for my daughter. He hands it to me.)

Me: “Oh… thank you!”

Employee: “It’s nothing. Have a great day!”

(The whole situation made my day. My daughter calls the elephant “Toka” and it is her favourite toy.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!