Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ignoring The “Security” Part Of Social Security

, , , , | Working | May 26, 2018

(I am at home and suddenly receive a call from an unknown number. I decide to answer.)

Caller: “Am I speaking with [My Name]?”

Me: “That would be me.”

Caller: “I need you to confirm you are [My Name]. Would you please confirm your date of birth and social security number?”

Me: “I am not comfortable providing that information.”

Caller: *agitated* “Well, you have to confirm you are [My Name] before I can speak to you.”

Me: “But you have not said who you are, or what company you are from. Why would I give my social and birthdate to you?”

Caller: *more agitated* “Because you need to confirm your identity!”

Me: “You do realize you called me, right? I have no obligation to answer your questions. If you tell me who you are and what company you’re from, I might reconsider.”

Caller: “Fine! If you want to be difficult, then I am ending this call. I don’t have to put up with someone like you!”

(They hung up on me, and I later found out that they were from my credit card company. I filed a report with the company and they came back to say that they reviewed the call and she had done everything right, including hanging up on an abusive customer. Interesting that they never told me the call was being recorded.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!