Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ignoring Annoying Customers: That’s The Ticket!

, , , , , | Right | January 18, 2023

My husband and I are both shy, non-confrontational people. A fabric and crafts store is having a good sale, and we’ve gone there to do some shopping and get some fabric. As we go along, we put the bolts that we’re going to get cut in our cart. The cutting table is in the middle of the store, and browsing the fabric racks takes us right past it where a fellow customer has been standing and chatting with the employee. She spots us and speaks up very loudly.

Customer: “You need to take a ticket to get fabric cut.”

Husband: “We’re still looking.”

Customer: “You need to get a ticket! You can’t get your fabric cut without a ticket!”

Me: “We’re not ready; we’re still looking around!”

I gesture around the store. She seems to think for a moment.

Customer: “Get a ticket! They’re right there!”

At this point, my husband and I realize she’s not going to get it and will keep yelling at us, and we both bolt, walking briskly in different directions away from the fabric counter. I’m safe, but my husband makes it to the end of an aisle with the cart and…

The woman appears around the end of the aisle where she has run to cut him off so she can yell at the top of her lungs.

Customer: “YOU DIDN’T GET A TICKET!”

Husband: “ARGH!”

He yelled in surprise, pushing past her and walking much faster to the other end of the store away from the cutting table.

Thankfully, at that point, the woman gave up on chasing either of us. We stayed over in the craft section until she finally left before we finished our fabric shopping, and then, yes, we got our ticket and waited our turn to get fabric cut.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!