Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If You Have An Identity, You Need An ID

, , , , , | Right | September 6, 2020

I am at the store purchasing a few items. This store sells a lot of different things, including alcohol. There are two people in front of me: a boy and a girl.

Employee: *Rings up their items* “And I’m going to need to see some ID for the alcohol.”

Male Customer: “Here you go.”

Employee: “Okay. I’m going to need to see yours, too, miss.”

Female Customer: “But he just showed you his.”

Employee: “Yes, but it’s our policy that we have to see the ID of everyone in the purchasing party.”

Female Customer: *Getting angry* “But I didn’t bring mine with me because I didn’t think that we would need both. It’s not that big of a deal.” 

Employee: “I’m sorry, but I could lose my job. I really need to see both IDs to sell this to you.” 

Customers: “Fine. Forget it, then!”

They leave angrily.

Employee: *Turns to me* “I am so sorry about the wait.”

Me: “Oh, no problem! I completely understand. And you were definitely doing the right thing.”

Employee: “Thanks. It’s just like people don’t realize that I could lose my job. I wouldn’t do that kind of thing over something so trivial. You wouldn’t believe how often this happens.”

Me: “I have no doubt.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!