Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If You Don’t Prepay, You’ll Have To Drive Away

, , , , , , , | Right | September 8, 2022

The gas station I work for still lets customers pump and then pay inside after. Because we’re the last gas station that does this, the drive-off reporting company we sent drive-off forms to went out of business. When customers drive off, we lose that money for good unless they return.

With the enormous rise of gas prices with inflation, people have been going to the end pumps, being authorized to pump, and then driving off after. The manager we have now made the wise choice to make all end pumps PREPAY OR PAY AT PUMP ONLY. At night, all pumps are prepay, and there are signs stating this. 

One night, after dark, a lady pulls up to the end pump and asks to be authorized. I respond over the intercom.

Me: “Pump 1, all pumps are prepay after dark.”

She continues trying to be authorized. I use the intercom again.

Me: “Pump 1, pump 1, all pumps are prepay after dark.”

I then see her stepping in front of her SUV and then giving up, hanging the nozzle up, and driving away.

Moments later, another customer comes in.

Customer: “I heard that girl out there yelling, ‘I can’t bring my card inside!’”

I don’t think she was going to pay, anyway. if you need gas, you find a way to get help with it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!