Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If You Can Make It There…

, , , , | Right | October 14, 2019

(I am working at a gas station, back when “pump jockeys” pump your gas for you. Our station is on the New York State Thruway, a divided highway toll road. We are located a few miles from a major city, but hundreds of miles from New York City. In addition, we are on the westbound side traveling away from New York City. One holiday weekend…)

Customer: “How far is it to New York City?”

Me: “In the direction you are going, about 25,000 miles. You’re going the wrong way.”

Customer: *blinks*

Me: “Where did you get on the highway?”

Customer: “Albany.”

(This means she drove about three hours in the opposite direction from New York City. And that she passed the exits for several cities along the way, but didn’t seem to realize that she was heading in the wrong direction all this time.)

Me: “You’ll have to go to the next exit, get off, and get back on in the other direction.”

(The identical situation happened again with another driver the next day! Basic geography, people!)


This story is part of our New York City roundup!

Read the next New York City roundup story!

Read the New York City roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!