Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If You Build It, They Will Come Early

, , , , | Right | August 25, 2010

(I am working on a new gas station still under construction. Please note that the station is still nothing but a concrete building and new pumps. The gas signs read ‘00.00.’” A customer pulls up in a car and sits there for ten minutes. She then lays on the horn. I go over to her, and she looks extremely annoyed.)

Me: “Do you need some help, ma’am?”

Customer: “Finally! Yes, I want my free gas!”

Me: *puzzled* “Free gas?”

Customer: *ridiculous sigh and rolling eyes* “Yes! The sign says zero dollars, so the gas must be free! You have to give me some or I’ll sue for false advertising!”

Me: “Ma’am, we’re not even open yet. We haven’t even finished the roof on the building. We don’t have gas yet. See all the construction stuff?”

Customer: “Well, there’s a sign! It says gas for zero dollars and I want my gas for zero dollars! Now!”

Me: “Again, ma’am, I’m sorry, but there is no gas at this station. We’re still building it. We’re not open. Those gas pumps aren’t even hooked up yet.”

Customer: “That’s completely unacceptable! You shouldn’t put signs up before you’re open!”

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, we’re still building it.”

Customer: *screaming* “Well, you shouldn’t build it until you’re open! Idiot!”


This story is part of our Outrageous Requests roundup!

Read the next Outrageous Requests roundup story!

Read the Outrageous Requests roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!