Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If The Shoe Fits…, Part 10

, , , | Right | August 6, 2018

(I go to a store in the mall to buy shoes. I know exactly what I’m looking for and buying. I grab the shoe I’m purchasing and walk up to the counter to get my size.)

Me: “Hello, can I get this in [my size], please?”

Employee: “Sure! Will that be all for today?”

Me: “Yep, that’s it! Thank you.”

(There is another customer lurking near the counter, looking relatively confused. She walks up to the employee who is helping me, who hasn’t had the chance to go and get the shoes I’m purchasing.)

Customer: “I would like to speak with your manager, please.”

Employee: “I actually am the manager; how can I help you?”

Customer: “I would like you to know that I have been standing here for twenty minutes, and not a single employee has come forward to ask me if I need any help.”

Employee: “I apologize for the inconvenience. Let me go get her shoes and I will be right out to help you.”

Customer: *getting angry* “You know what? Forget about it. Obviously you are looking at the people who you can get the most money out of; you are looking for a specific ‘type’ of person. I will have you know that I have more money than anyone else in this store, and you have just lost my business! I have more money that you could make in your entire life!”

Employee: “I apologize for the inconvenience, ma’am.”

(I hand off my shoes to another employee.)

Employee #2: *ringing up my purchase* “I apologize for that; it doesn’t happen often.”

Me: “That’s all right. I’ve dealt with a lot worse, since I work in food service!”

Related:
If The Shoe Fits…, Part 9
If The Shoe Fits…, Part 8
If The Shoe Fits…, Part 7
If The Shoe Fits…, Part 6
If The Shoe Fits…, Part 5

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!