Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If The Shirt Fits…

, , | Right | June 27, 2017

(I work in a shop that lets customers print photos using self-service kiosks, but we are there to help customers who may need it. A young girl of around 13 to14 years of age is uploading photos from her phone to print out. I ask her if she needs any help, but she declines. A short while later her order receipt prints out behind the counter, which tells me she’s ordered her prints on the one-hour service. However, she’s still standing at the kiosk, obviously waiting for her photos to print.)

Me: “Are you uploading any more photos or have you finished?”

Customer: “Oh! Oh, I’ve finished.”

Me: “Okay, you’ve put those through on the hour service so you can collect them at 2:30.”

Customer: *stares blankly at me*

Me: *stares back*

Customer: “So… they’re going to take an hour?”

Me: “Yeah, you put them through on the hour service.”

Customer: “Oh… do you need me to pay?”

Me: “Yes, please!”

(She pays, and then stares at me again.)

Customer: “So they’re definitely going to be an hour?”

Me: “Yes, they’ll be ready at 2:30! Thanks!”

(She stared at me for a few seconds longer, and then finally left. The best part? She was wearing a t-shirt that had “IDIOT” written on it.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!