Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If That’s All It Takes…

, , , | Right | January 1, 2021

We have an entitled old guy come in who asks for his sandwich “deconstructed,” which means he wants all of the toppings on the side. He’s generally annoying.

He’s arguing with me about getting a free salad dressing. At the end, he says:

Customer: “I don’t want to deal with you anymore. I’ll pay for what I’ve ordered.”

He does, and then:

Customer: *Demanding* “Where’s my cup?”

Me: *Somewhat smugly* “You didn’t order a drink, sir. I can’t give you a cup.”

He sheepishly pays for a cup and then walks off, ignoring me.

He comes in a few weeks later and says:

Customer: “I want someone else to serve me.”

I tell my manager and go to stock stuff. Apparently, I annoyed him enough that I don’t have to take his order anymore, which is okay with me.

A few days later, I’m training someone on the front counter when he comes in again. He points at my trainee and demands that she serve him.

Me: “She doesn’t know the register well enough because I’m training her, so she won’t be taking your order.”

Customer: “Fine, I’ll come back later.”

So now, I have a fairly valid excuse for not taking his order. My manager thinks it’s hilarious, as do I. Some coworkers are a bit jealous because they are the ones who have to deal with him.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!