Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If Only There Was A Site Where You Could Review Bad Customers, Too…

, , , | Right | October 2, 2018

(I work at a hostel reception. We have two main sites for bookings: a main site, where bookings go through automatically, which we use for check-ins, and a secondary site, from which we have to manually enter the bookings to the main site. A lady checks into a mixed dormitory, then returns and starts yelling.)

Lady: “I have booked a bed in a female dorm, and you have put me in a mixed dorm.”

Me: “One moment, please; let me check.”

(I check and see that she has used our main site for bookings, and therefore booked the mixed dorm and not the female one. As I try to explain that to her, she cuts me off.)

Lady: “As an American, I am a customer, and I don’t care what you have to say. I will leave the worst review ever.”

Me: *trying not to laugh* “As you wish! But as I tried to explain before, we have not modified your booking, and you got the confirmation by email stating that it is, indeed, mixed dorm.”

Lady: *yelling* “I don’t care what you say! Do you understand that I will leave the worst review?”

Me: *calm* “Yes. If you want, I can give you a refund, and you can look for something else; however, it is Friday night, and pretty much everything nearby is fully booked. So, do you want the refund?”

Lady: “Well, I have to sleep somewhere!”

(Later, when I told my manager that story, he said I could have just kicked her out without a refund. My manager is awesome!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!