Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If Going Pantsless At Home Is Wrong, I Don’t Wanna Be Right!

, , , , , , | Related | July 18, 2022

My mother and sister are living together in Indonesia and I live in the Netherlands. I video call them every weekend so they can see my son. It goes swimmingly until I start potty training my son by following a method that includes a phase when the kid has to go bare-bottom so the parents can react fast enough to run and grab the potty for him to pee.

Me: “Hi!”

Mom & Sister: “Hello, [Son]!”

My son walks away to grab a toy car.

Mom & Sister: “OH, MY GOD! WHY IS HE NOT WEARING PANTS?!”

Me: “Potty training.”

Mom: “But I can see his lower part!”

Sister: “Oh, my God! I can see the cracks!”

Me: “Yes. Humans have butt cracks.”

Mom: “[Son], you need to wear pants, or your birdy will fly away!”

Me: “It’s called a penis, and it’s attached to his body.”

Sister: “I’m afraid he will bump his thingy.”

Me: “So, a piece of thin cloth will protect it from a bump?”

Sister: *Laughs* “Now that makes me sound unreasonable.”

Me: “Oh, just a tad.”

They kept freaking out over it, and I had to cut the call short. I can kind of understand why my mom freaked out; she has only had two daughters and my dad passed away decades ago. However, my sister is a general practitioner. I expected her to be unfazed by human bodies. I was wrong. No video calls until I move on to the pants phase, then.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!