Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If At First You Don’t Succeed, Chai Again, Part 11

, , , , , | Right | February 4, 2023

I’m a barista working in a drive-thru. A customer rolls up in a big, lifted truck.

Customer: “Hot chai and [other beverages].”

He gets to the window and snorts at me as I’m checking his order to hand out.

Customer: “What’s taking so long?!”

I go to hand him his chai, and he yells.

Customer: “Took you long enough!”

He makes an aggressive anger-snatch for the beverage. Instead of grabbing it, he just knocks it out of my grasp. It spins around in mid-air, hits his window frame, spins around, and explodes in a hot chai shower. It spills inside his window frame, on the outside of the truck, and all over the inside, too! It’s the middle of winter, so the chai on the outside instantly freezes to the side of his white truck and looks like a streak of runny poo.

He makes this satisfying “RAAWWWGGHHHHHHH!” scream. I wish I could have recorded it because I would make that sound my phone ringtone forever.

Customer: “THIS TRUCK IS BRAND NEW, AND IT SMELLS LIKE F****** CHAI!”

I did my best to feign concern as I passed him some napkins and ordered a remake. He drove off angrily with nothing, even after paying. He never came back, and I never caught wind of a complaint or anything. I still think about him and his chai-scented truck.

Related:
If At First You Don’t Succeed, Chai Again, Part 10
If At First You Don’t Succeed, Chai Again, Part 9
If At First You Don’t Succeed, Chai Again, Part 8
If At First You Don’t Succeed, Chai Again, Part 7
If At First You Don’t Succeed, Chai Again, Part 6

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!