Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If Anyone Should Know Who They Scheduled…

, , , , , , | Working | March 15, 2023

I am working a few hours a week in the stock room for a bra company that sells some clothing and accessories. The supervisors and general manager are the embodiment of every stereotypical mean girl in high school movies, other than the fact that they are middle-aged women. I work in the back of the house unloading stock and have not had any issues up until this point, but their last victim walked out mid-shift a few days ago.

I’m in the stock room unloading boxes and putting security tags on items when my supervisor comes up to me.

Supervisor: “Why did you put the pajamas out on the floor like that?”

Me: “I’m not sure which pajamas you’re talking about. I didn’t have any come in today, just bras.”

Supervisor: “No, not today. On your last shift.”

Me: “The wrapped flannel sets?”

Supervisor: “No, the black silk ones.”

Me: “Are you sure that was me? I don’t remember putting out silk pajamas. The flannel ones came in on my last shift, and [Coworker] and I put them out on my last shift a few weeks ago, but I don’t remember any silk ones.”

Supervisor: “It was you. You’re the only one that makes these kinds of mistakes. Why won’t you just admit that you put them out wrong on Friday, so we can once again go over the floor plans?”

Me: “This past Friday? Like four days ago Friday?”

Supervisor: “Yes! Is this ringing a bell now?”

Me: “Well, if that’s the case, it was definitely not me. You called me off last week because we didn’t get much stock in, and before that, I was on vacation. Today is my first shift in over two weeks. I thought we were talking about my last shift before that.”

Supervisor: “Fine. If it wasn’t you like you claim, then who was it?”

Me: “I’m not sure. Like I said, I wasn’t here. You would need to find out who was here and ask them.”

Supervisor: “Why won’t you tell me who did it if it wasn’t you?”

Me: “Because I don’t know. Like I said, I have not been here in eighteen days. I don’t keep track of who is working and doing what when I’m not here.”

Supervisor: “Fine, be that way, but I am very disappointed in your lack of integrity by being unwilling to admit to your mistake or tell me who it was.” 

She walked out while I was left dumbfounded by the stupidity of the conversation.

I worked for another month to save for Christmas. During that time, three other employees quit because of the attitudes of the two supervisors.

About three months after I left, I ran into a former coworker who was still employed there. Apparently, the turnover rate for that store was so high that corporate started calling employees that had quit to find out why. They now have all new managers in that store.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!