Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Idiot’s Combo

| Right | January 5, 2013

(I work in a hospital cafeteria as a cashier. We have different combos for our grill for stuff like burger and fries, or sandwich and soup. The examples are merely suggestions, and don’t vary in price depending on your combination. Two middle-aged women come up with their items.)

Me: “Hi, how are you all doing today?”

(Customers #1 and #2 don’t say anything.)

Me: “Okay, I see you have 2 grilled cheese, a soup, fries, and 2 drinks.”

(I hit the combo button twice to keep them moving.)

Customer #1: “Hey! What did you do there?”

Me: “…I put in your orders?”

Customer #1: “You put two combos, but I don’t have two combos!”

Me: “Well, ma’am, you have two grill items and two side items.”

Customer #1: “I know what I have! I don’t have the soup, so it’s not a combo! You’re trying to make me pay more!”

Me: “Ma’am, it’s actually cheaper if you—”

Customer #1: “It says right there,” *she reads slowly* “Sandwiches… and… soup… combo. It’s not a combo and you put it in as a combo!”

Customer #2: “Yeah! I saw you do it right here!”

Me: “Alright, I’m sorry about that.”

(I change it, making the total go from about $6 to $8.)

Customer #1: “That’s better!”

(We exchange money, and they both leave, when a doctor comes up next.)

Doctor: “Could you imagine if we made combos for healthcare? They’d go broke from taking care of a cold!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!