Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I’d Prefer To Pretend There’s A Stork Involved

, , , , , , , | Friendly | January 6, 2023

I’ve sadly been struggling to conceive for a while now — my fault for waiting too long for Mr. Right before accepting that wasn’t happening and deciding to be a single mother by choice. It’s at the point where I’m going to have to do IVF to have any chance of becoming a mother.

I’ve decided I want my child to know something about his biological father, so I’ve asked a close personal friend to be my sperm donor for the IVF. He says he’s honored to help and can’t wait to babysit if I ever need it.

Since the clinic is a few hours away and I’m paranoid about getting stuck in traffic or something and missing my chance, I’ve insisted that my friend let me pay for a hotel room close to the clinic so we can drive up the night before.

I am talking with my friend/donor about the logistics when he says this.

Friend: “So, do you know what night I go to a sleazy hotel with you to get you pregnant yet?”

Me: *Laughing* “Could you say that any creepier?”

Friend: “Sure, if you insist. Are you ready to pay a bunch of money so you can sleep with a strange man you don’t love just to get pregnant yet?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!