Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ice Cream Is The Back Up Plan

| Right | November 9, 2012

(I work at a charity run property. My job is to greet visitors and, occasionally, help out other departments. Today is unbelievably busy so I’ve been asked to help the car park team. It’s the hottest day of the year.)

Visitor: *pulls up* “Where to?”

Me: *points to a free space* “Just over there, please.”

(The lady drives in that direction, and I look around for a free space for the next car. When I turn around I see that she’s parked in the middle of the exit lane, effectively blocking in everybody else.)

Me: “Excuse me, Miss? You’re blocking the way there. Can you move your car to that space?”

Visitor: “I’m not in the way! My son’s got short legs! We need to park here to be closer to the path.”

Me: “No, please move your car. See…” *points to the lanes we’ve made between cars* “…they all lead here, and you’re blocking the exit.”

Visitor: “Then make a new exit! I’m not moving!”

(By now there’s a line of cars waiting to be directed, and I’m getting flustered.)

Me: “If you’d please just—”

Visitor #2: “Don’t bother kid, she’s not listening. Hey lady! Move your car or we can’t get through!”

(Visitor #1 goes red and moves her car to the space I’d pointed out. A few minutes after I park him, Visitor #2 comes over with an ice cream.)

Visitor #2: “Because ice cream makes everything better!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!