Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ice Breaker

, , , | Right | February 19, 2018

(It’s a hot Saturday, so a lot of people are coming in to buy barbecue supplies. The manager is counting up the cash, and is therefore locked in the office. I’ve been putting out crisps on the shop floor for half an hour when a customer grabs my attention.)

Customer: “Excuse me. Do you have any more bags of ice?”

Me: “I can get some from the back for you!”

(I head into the back to check, and I see my coworker as I open the freezer.)

Me: “Hey, [Coworker], have you seen where the ice is?”

Coworker: “There isn’t any. Someone came by and bought two boxes of it. We’re out until the next delivery, which is two days away.”

(I go back to the shop floor and find the customer, who’s now browsing the drinks with her friends. I’m feeling a bit apprehensive, since I said I’d be able to find some.)

Me: “I’m very sorry, but we seem to be out of ice. Apparently, someone bought it all up earlier.”

Customer: “Oh, it’s okay; that was me!”

(Why she thought we’d have more ice on the same day is anyone’s guess.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!