Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ice And A Side Of Chill Pill

, , , , | Right | October 16, 2011

(I am working in a drive-thru.)

Me: “Hello, can I take your order?”

(I hear the customer sigh. They then carry on talking to a friend.)

Me: “Hello, can I take an order please?”

Customer: “God! One minute, please! Can’t a person just have some peace without being pestered for money?”

Me: “Um, sir, you’ve driven up to the drive-thru speaker. I assumed you’d wish to order. If not, you should have gone into the car park.”

Customer: “You’re being extremely rude. And how did you know I was a man?”

Me: “There is a camera facing you, sir. I didn’t mean to come across as rude, but you are causing a queue, so if you do not plan to order, please leave the queue.”

Customer: *sigh* “Fine.”

(He gives an incredibly long order, with special requests. I read the order back to him to verify that it is correct.)

Me: “Okay, if that order is complete, check the screen and come to the window.”

Customer: “God, what took you so long?! *throws change on the counter and drives off*

(Ten minutes later, he comes back.)

Customer: “I am not happy!”

Me: “What’s the problem with your order, si–”

Customer: “I specifically asked for coke with no ice, and you put it in wrong! Guess what? There’s ice in my coke!”

Me: “Sir, I read the order back to you twice and then asked you to check the screen to ensure it was correct.”

Customer: “Well you serve people every day. You should have been able to guess from experience that I didn’t want ice. My demeanor made it very obvious!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!