Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Woke Up Today And Felt Like Complaining

, , | Right | March 22, 2008

Angry Man: “This is ridiculous! Look how small these cones are!”

Other Server: “Uh…?”

Me: “Can I help you?”

Angry Man: “Yeah! Each time I come in here, the cones get smaller and smaller, and the scoops are tiny!”

Me: “Sir, those are standard-sized scoops. But if you’d like, I can add on a bit more ice cream.”

Angry Man: “It’s not about the ice cream! It’s the fact that you are taking money from people and making everything smaller. This is ridiculous! Don’t you feel ashamed?”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir… I’ll talk to my manager about that if you’d like.”

Angry Man: “Yeah, well, good!”

(He tries to toss the ice cream cone in the trash, but misses. He picks the cone up off the ground and throws it away. The other server and I try to keep from laughing.)

Angry Man: “You’ve just lost a customer for life!” *stalks out, red-faced*

Me & Other Server: “Wow…”

(In re-enters a customer with his son who I had just served moments before.)

Another Customer: “Don’t worry about that guy. He was just screaming at someone over at the next-door grocery store for not having the correct amount of bananas per bunch.”


This story is part of the complaining customer roundup!

Read the next complaining customer roundup story!

Read the complaining customer roundup!


This story is part of our Ice Cream roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to see the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!