Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Want To Print This Out And Put It Above My Desk

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: ItsSwicky | May 16, 2021

I work in a hotel. A lot of what I see day to day has become normal. What I don’t see or expect is decency. Sadly, it’s in the nature of this business that we have to lower our expectations with our guests without lowering our standards of quality. I’m jaded because of the general a**clowns and those seeking to take advantage of others’ kindness.

I’m having a rough night. I’m trying to balance my work and social lives. I haven’t had a day off with my fiancé for some time.

A few moments ago, I saw a child come in his snow gear, limping. His mother used one of our luggage carts to move him around. An older guest not in their party came in afterward and stopped and addressed the young man.

Older Woman: “Why are you limping?”

Child: “My family and I went skiing and one of the skis twisted my ankle.”

I’ve had that happen before and it doesn’t tickle.

Older Woman: “Everything is going to be okay. You’ll wake up tomorrow morning stronger. Big people, little people, we all hurt and we all fall. It’s what we do next that matters most. Pain comes and goes. I used to kiss my kids whenever they got hurt so that they’d feel better, because I love them greatly and support them. And that’s what we do when someone falls. We love and support them.”

I’m sure that this went over the child’s head. But the older woman looked back at me and smiled. It was probably the most genuine thing I’ve seen happen in my lobby.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!