Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Think We Know Where That Vodka Went

| Right | September 12, 2016

(I work in a popular fast food restaurant and often get requests to throw trash away when I’m working the drive-thru. It’s against company policy for me to take trash, and I always let the customer know this. They’re generally polite about it, but not always. I’m working the second window, where we hand out the food and I open the window for a woman who has a friend in the back seat.)

Me: “Hello, ma’am, here’s your [Order]!”

Customer: “Hey, hey, hey, can you throw this away for me?!”

Me: Um, I—”

Customer: *attempts to hand me two enormous, empty vodka bottles*

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, I can’t take that.”

Customer: “Why not?!”

Me: “It’s against policy for me to take trash from customers.”

Customer: “Bull-s***! That’s bad customer service! You’d better f****** take this, you b****!”

(I watch in shock as she continues to berate me, while her friend tries to reason with her. Eventually I turn to a coworker, who quietly tells me to shut the window. I do so in complete silence, and right after I do so, the friend flags me down.)

Me: *opening the window as little as possible* “Yes…?”

Friend: *over the continued bellowing of the customer* “Yeah, I need ketchup.”

(I gave her some and they drove away. However, they left the bottles right in the drive-thru where another car could hit them!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!