Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Scream Fraud

, , , , , | Right | September 5, 2010

Me: “Hello, welcome to [Ice Cream Department]. How may I help you?”

Customer: *sounding angry* “I just purchased some of your ice cream for my son and now he’s broken out in hives! He has an allergy and all your ingredients should be clearly labelled!”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that. It does say that our ice cream is both peanut and gluten-free, and our ingredients are available upon request, as they vary, depending on the type of ice cream someone orders.”

Customer: “Well, you didn’t tell me that before! And now my son has broken out in hives! This is all your fault!”

Me: “May I ask what your son is allergic to?”

Customer: “Sucrose. I don’t see why this matters.”

Me: *raises eyebrow* “Our ice cream doesn’t contain sucrose.”

(At this point, said customer’s young son walks in, looking perfectly fine and eating his ice cream.)

Customer: *surprised* “I told you to wait outside!” *in a lower voice* “…and out of sight!”


This story is part of our roundup about people lying about their health!

Read the next story in this roundup here!

Read the roundup itself here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!