Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Scan’t Do That

, , , , | Learning | April 23, 2019

(We offer free scanning for students who need to scan documents for legal purposes. I’ve placed it in the copier and am showing them the steps.)

Me: “When it prompts you for your email address, put in your college email.”

Student: “I want to send it to my Gmail.”

Me: “This copier only sends email to college addresses. From there, you can forward it to your personal email.”

Student: “I’ll just put in my Gmail address.”

Me: “That will not work. The copier is only hooked up to our internal server, not to the Internet. It will not send to an external address.”

Student: “But I want it in my Gmail.”

Me: “Do you check your college email regularly?”

Student: “Yes.”

Me: “Do you know how to forward an email?”

Student: “Yes.”

Me: “So, send it to your college email, open it up, and forward it to your Gmail. I can help you do that.”

Student: “I just want to scan and send it to Gmail.”

Me: *removes the document, hands it to student* “Okay, I think [Drugstore twenty-minute bus ride away] does that. I don’t know what they charge, and there’s usually a line.”

Student: “Oh, great! Thank you!” *heads off to spend an hour and get charged a fee doing something they could do for free in three minutes*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!