Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Quit From This Stupid Situation

| Right | November 3, 2014

(I’m shopping in the hardware store, wearing jeans and a green gaming shirt. All the employees of that store wear red shirts. When this happens, I’m pushing my cart while texting a friend about what I should buy.)

Client: “Excuse me, miss?”

Me: “…yes?”

Client: “Where are the rugs?”

Me: “Eh… I have no clue, sorry.”

Client: “What kind of employee are you?”

Me: “An “employee –“” *I make a big emphasis on the word employee while making a quote mark move with my fingers* “— who’s wearing a Dungeons and Dragons shirt while texting on the job?”

Client: “I’m gonna report you to your manager!”

Me: “You just have to look for someone with a red shirt to report me; all the employees here are wearing them.”

Client: “And you’re not even wearing your uniform? How did they not fire you yet? You don’t know where your products are in the store and you don’t respect your work rules! Find me your manager, NOW! I want to complain immediately!”

Me: “Did it not occur to you that I’m not working here?”

(At this point, I go around him and start texting again while leaving the aisle. He follows me.)

Client: “I’m not leaving you until you lead me to a manager.”

Me: “Okay, then.”

(I go to the service counter and ask for a manager.)

Client: “You’re so gonna be fired!”

Manager: “Hi! How may I help you?”

Client: “How can you let someone work here dressed like that, and text on the job? I demand she be fired immediately for such bad behavior! On top of that, she refused to help me and was about to get away with it, but I followed her until she accepted to ask for a manager. ”

Manager: “Uh… she’s obviously not an employee here.”

Client: “You’re protecting her! I want to see the general manager! It’s not going to end up good, I promise you!”

Manager: “I assure you, she’s a client like you! Look around. All the employees are wearing red shirts!”

Client: “Yeah, she’s not wearing her uniform. I WANT TO SEE A HIGHER MANAGER!”

Me: *a bit pissed off by the situation* “Hey. Let’s get this over with. I quit. I’ve had enough of this low paying job with stupid clients like you. That’s it. I’m done. I’m leaving now. I’ll come in to get my last paycheck next week. It was a pleasure working with you, but I can’t anymore.”

Client: “Ha! I was right. You do work here! Well, worked. Thank you, sir!”

(He leaves, leaving both the manager and I with baffled looks on our faces.)

Manager: “Well, that’s a good way to solve a problem! It was nice being your coworker for… two minutes!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!