Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Have Zero Buns Left To Give  

, , , , | Right | December 11, 2019

(I am a construction worker. I work a short stint at a fast food place after I move to Arizona until I find a job in my field and, while I can be pleasant and servile in a customer service environment, I don’t deal well with bulls*** and am pretty quick to say what’s on my mind. Our restaurant has huge lunch and dinner rushes but in between, this store is pretty dead. A customer comes in around 3:00 pm when nothing is going on and half the staff is just talking since we’ve already finished our cleaning and restocking after lunch and have nothing to do. The customer orders a triple cheeseburger combo. Simple order. No problem. Both the drive-thru clerk and one of the grill workers are present when the order is made. The order is made quickly and delivered without problem. The customer takes it to their table and then returns, complaining that they ordered it with no bun.)

Me: “No, you didn’t.”

Customer: “Are you calling me a liar?”

Me: “Yes, I am. Three people were present when you made your order and at no point did you order it with no bun. That being said, we’ll remake the order without a bun because that’s what we do here, but at no point did you specify you didn’t want a bun. Please don’t try to blame your mistake on us. We will remake it with no charge regardless because we want our customers to be satisfied.”

(The customer didn’t have any response and simply went back to her table until her order was ready, which took less than a minute. No complaint was ever made against us and the customer didn’t speak another word to any of us.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!