Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Have One Wish: A Better App

, , , , , | Working | June 19, 2020

I’m trying to get my friend a birthday gift from her wishlist on a shopping app but cannot find a way to search for her profile. I email customer service. This is our verbatim conversation.

Me: “I am trying to find a friend’s wishlist on your app and cannot locate a way to search for said list. She is not in my list of Facebook-matched friends, and I can’t find a way to search by her name, email, or username. Is there a way to do this?”

Customer Service: “First, you can follow them on [App] by going to their profile and clicking the big blue ‘follow’ button. To see a friend’s wishlist, you should already be following them on [App].ā€

Then, Iā€™m given instructions on how to locate my friend list, which I have already said she wasn’t listed on.

Me: “Like I said, the problem is that my friend is not appearing on my friend list. I know her username, but I see no way to search for her by username or real name. How do I get to her profile to follow her if I see no way to find her profile in the first place?”

Customer Service: “Our engineers are currently working on improving the [App] experience. Soon, [App] should be better than ever but until then, there is no convenient way to follow your friends on [App].”

Yeah, they out-and-out admitted there was no good way to find a profile or wishlist. My friend got cash for her birthday.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!