Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Common Sense Having An Off Season

| Learning | July 21, 2014

(It’s in the middle of June, and my last day at my student job before I leave to study in Germany for a year. Technically, my shift is over, but I’m waiting for my coworkers to end their shift and close up, as it’s likely the last time I will see them.)

Coworker #1: “So, like, Germany is in the Eastern hemisphere, right?”

Me: “Yup, that’s right. Nine hours ahead of California.”

Coworker #1: “So, if you’re in a different hemisphere, that means, when you arrive, it’ll be winter there, right?”

Me: “…seriously? Both Germany and California are in the Northern Hemisphere. The clock changes, not the season.” *looking to [Coworker #2]* “Did he really just ask me that?”

Coworker #2: “I’m pretty sure he’s right. You’re changing hemispheres; you’ll want to be sure to pack winter clothes.”

Me: “I will. I’m going for a year, but… You know what? Never mind. I’m just going to go home now. Good luck on your graduations next year…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!