Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Don’t Work There, No One Does!

, , | Right | March 17, 2021

I work at an electronics store in a mall. Unfortunately, the chain goes bankrupt and the store closes down. By some miracle, I manage to get a job in another store at the same mall just a few weeks after.

I’ve been at my new job for about two weeks when a customer walks up to me, holding a bag with my former store’s logo on it.

Customer: “I bought this item around two months ago and it stopped working. Could I exchange it for a new one? I have the receipt with me.”

I look at the item and the receipt. Both are from my former store, which I tell the customer.

Me: “Unfortunately, that chain went bankrupt and is no more. I can’t do anything as this is a completely different store.”

Customer: “But I recognise you; you used to work there.”

Me: “Yes, I did, but now I work here, and this place has nothing to do with the store you bought this from. I can only advise you to contact the manufacturer of the item for a warranty issue.”

Customer: “But you should help me! You used to work at [Former Store]. I can’t believe this! You were always so helpful. Why can’t you help me now?”

Me: “Because this is a completely different store. This store sells shoes! It has nothing to do with electronics of any kind and has no obligation to help you just because I used to work there. If you want help finding a pair of shoes, I’ll be more than willing to help you, but with this, I can’t. You have to turn to the manufacturer.”

Customer: “I can’t believe this! This is unacceptable!”

Me: “It is acceptable as it’s completely different. Now I have to continue working; unless I can help you find a pair of shoes, I’ll be going.”

The customer walked off, still muttering.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!