Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Don’t Work Here, Does Not Work Here, Part 9

, | Right | July 3, 2013

(I’m super early for a job interview, so I decide to waste time in a nearby retail store. I’m in the electronic section playing on one of the video game displays. This place’s employees wear very distinct outfits. I’m wearing a black suit with a blue and black tie, and a blue dress shirt. A customer walks up to me holding a pair of headphones.)

Customer: “Excuse me. Can you tell me the price of these?”

(I ignore the customer, thinking he is talking to someone else.)

Customer: “EXCUSE ME! CAN YOU TELL ME THE PRICE OF THESE!?”

Me: “What makes you think I work here?”

Customer: “Because you look like you work here.”

(I see two white women walking by, wearing the company’s uniform. I point at them.)

Me: “Why don’t you go ask them for help? They work here.”

Customer: “They don’t work here. They look too well off to work here. Only black people would work here. This job is perfect for them! Now help me, d*** it!”

(Me being black, the two employees come over and intervene before I lose my cool. I decide to just leave the store. The customer is still shouting at me.)

Customer: “You work here and you know it!”

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!